Why Support the Library
Berwick and the adjacent communities thrive with the foundation of a well-loved library, serving the community since 1916. Support the literacy and learning services you value by making a contribution to the McBride Memorial Library. We will put your generosity to work immediately.
Hundreds of people turn to the Library every day seeking a book, a job, free internet access, a place to gather with friends, a connection with the community. While the Library receives much of its funding from public sources, we’re dependent on support from generous people like you.
Your contribution helps us provide:
- A collection of over 40,000 print and media materials, including popular bestselling fiction and nonfiction, along with graphic novels, DVDs, audiobooks on CDs and digital resources.
- Free Internet access
- Educational programming for kids, teens and adults
- Meeting spaces for community groups
- Homework help and reference assistance
- Resources for job seekers
- . . . and much more!
The McBride Memorial Library is an independent rural public library and a registered charitable organization with 5013C status. The library is dependent upon state and local aid, but is financed primarily by individual and corporate donations and bequests, and by grants from federal, state, and nonprofit organizations, and the Berwick Health and Wellness Fund of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation. The Board and staff of the library are extremely grateful for the generous enduring support of the McBride estate whose donations and bequests have provided the community with a first class 21st century library.